RealCast: Brookfield sees interest rate boost, Derwent results, UK GDP’s record low
Dan Innes, Nicol Dynes, James Wallace and Richard Betts
In the spotlight this week: Low interest rates are seen as positive by Brookfield; Simon Property Group and Amazon are rumoured to be in talks about repurposing retail; the UK posts record low GDP numbers; Derwent London post their results, and Italy sees positive indications in the market.
Dan Innes, Nicol Dynes and James Wallace join Richard Betts in your regular analysis of the key themes for the week in real assets.
This week the RealCast team analyse the headlines including:
- Brookfield see ultra low interest rates boosting real asset values
- The Simon Property Group and Amazon rumoured to be in discussion on re-purposing retail into fulfilment
- John Lewis confirms store closures, including flagship Grand Central, Birmingham
- Will Rowson, CEO of GSA sees a positive outlook for ‘cycle-agnostic’ PBSA
- Derwent London buck the trend in terms of earnings and pay a dividend but true impact of the lockdown yet to be felt by office markets.
- UK GDP records record low of -20.4%
- AEW research shows limited pipeline for office in Europe – 50% lower than pre-GFC
- Banca Intesa linked to COIMA RES office in Porta Nuova, Milan
You can download RealCast as a video or audio podcast and watch or listen to previous editions at www.realassetinsight.com